|Dubai. Be Dazzled!
Dubai is a hot new upcoming destination and Kesari has been sending many tourists to this 'spirit of shopping' destination........
- Dubai - From the timeless tranquility of the desert to the lively bustle of the souk, Dubai offers a kaleidoscope of attractions for visitors. This emirate embraces a wide variety of scenery in a very small area. In a single day, you can experience everything from rugged mountains and awe-inspiring sand dunes to sandy beaches and lush green parks, from dusty villages to luxurious residential districts and from ancient houses with wind towers to ultra-modern shopping malls. A cosmopolitan society with an international lifestyle combining the comfort and convenience of the Western world with the unique charm and hospitality of Arabia. Dubai. One City. Diversity. Come, experience it.
- Dubai Museum - Al Fahidi Fort, which houses the Dubai Museum, was built around 1787, and once guarded the landward approaches to the town. Its colourful life-size dioramas vividly depict everyday life in the days before the discovery of oil. Galleries recreate scenes from the Creek, traditional Arab houses, mosques, the souk, date farms and desert and marine life. One of the more spectacular exhibits portrays pearl diving, including sets of pearl merchants' weights, scales and sieves.
- Burj Al Arab - The Burj Al Arab has become an iconic symbol of Dubai. It is one of the region's most famous tourist landmarks and, as a hotel, it has set new standards for excellence in Arabian hospitality. The hotel quickly established its presence with its futuristic and magnificent exterior.
- Burj Khalifa - The Burj Khalifa is a super-tall skyscraper, currently the tallest in the world. Flaunting a breathtaking design, which encompasses the makings of a small city in its interior, the Burj Khalifa will be the centre piece of Dubai's new Dubai town district.
- Dune Driving - The tour starts with a roller-coaster ride across the treacherous dunes in powerful 4x4s. Fix your seatbelt and hold on while the expert driver slowly climbs a tall mountain of sand, suddenly accelerates at the top and takes a sharp turn down the dune cliff! Dangerous as it sounds, it's absolutely safe and the adrenaline rush you feel makes it
- Dubai Shopping - The Dubai shopping scene offers something for everyone. Apart from competitively priced electronic products, watches, cameras and other international items, popular traditional gifts include Arabic coffee pots; silver and brass swords and soapstone figures; coasters and other items decorated with lapis lazuli, turquoise, malachite and other semi-precious stones; marble goblets; silver antique jewellery from Oman and Yemen, as well as locally made items; brass and silver work; silver and wooden dhows; Persian carpets and cotton dhurries and a multitude of other ethnic items.